Researchers are looking for new treatments to alter the course of the disease and improve the quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s. Although current treatments cannot stop Alzheimer’s from progressing, they can temporarily slow the worsening of dementia symptoms.
10 Warning Signs:
1. Memory loss that disrupts daily life
2. Challenges in planning or solving problems
3. Difficulty completing tasks at home, at work or at leisure
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased or poor judgment
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
10. Changes in mood or personality
There is a worldwide effort under way to find better ways to treat the disease, delay its onset, and prevent it from developing.
Links to Resources
Twitter Updates from Lance Stewart